We’ve blogged before about the Oblique approach, outlined in Obliquity by John Kay. http://rubystarassociates.co.uk/?p=1802
We were recently asked how this would apply to selling, so this blog contains our thoughts on just that!
Just as happiness and profit are not best achieved by pursuing them directly, we believe that you will sell better, and sell more, by pursuing different goals.
Lots of small businesses are founded on incredible passion and with a real sense of purpose. Too often this is an internal driver for the owners of the business and isn’t fully captured in they way they market and sell. We think this is a HUGE mistake.
Our Oblique Approach to sales:
- Identify your passion and purpose.
- Draw close to those who share it (and if you can, turn your competitors into collaborators).
- Protect it and promote it.
- Never divert from your core purpose, not even for a really juicy contract or sale!
- Make it how you sell, not just why you have to.
Want to know more? Drop us an email to talk it through! email@example.comPosted by RubyStar | 0 comments